Julien James is a photographer and art director based in Washington, D.C., whose work is anchored in defining culture and Blackness through portraits, places, and things.
I'm available for projects on any continent. Use the form to inquire about rates and availability, or just to say hey.
- New York Magazine
- The New Yorker
- Rolling Stone
- Vogue Italia
- GEN Mag (A Medium Publication)
- Architect Magazine
- Chinese Global Television Network (CGTN)
- SF Chronicle
- Atlas Brew Works
- Tiny Atlas Quarterly
- Walk With Locals
- Index LA
- Palmss Magazine
- Homme DC
- Vision LA
- New York Magazine – See George Floyd Protest Photos From Around the U.S.
- The New Yorker – The Mimetic Power of D.C.’s Black Lives Matter Mural
- Rolling Stone - ‘Moechella’: Million Moe March on Juneteenth in Washington, D.C.
- GEN Mag – One by One, the Statues Are Coming Down. Who’s Next?
- WWD – How Black-Owned Beauty Retailers Are Shaking Up the Beauty Industry
- ProPublica – On the Minds of Black Lives Matter Protesters: A Racist Health System
- VSCO – Coming of Age in America Julien James in Open Studio
- ARTCENTRON – Godspeed: A Photographer’s Intimate Bike Life Adventure
- SF Chronicle – Year in review: Unbound festival tops groundbreaking year for Bay Area dance
- GCTN – I Can't Breathe: Racism In The U.S.